Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Productive Christmas Week


What a productive week it's been since Christmas! I took the week between Christmas and New Year's off. Whenever I've done that in the past, I've wanted to spend the time in my shop but never got the chance. Well, this year I finally did it!


The first thing I built was a ply-box for my workouts. It's 18x24x30 made from 3/4" plywood - a beast and it weighs a ton.

Next was a tool cart I've had my eye on for a while. Of course, I didn't get to use it for tools because I need it to make space in the basement. Sarah uses the TV and DVD player for her workouts and I use the receiver and speakers for mine. A good compromise and it's really easy to move around. I'm going to make at least one more so that I can use it as an out-feed table for my table saw. Now that I know how to do it, it'll come together quickly.



I made this table-top drafting table for Liz. She designed it and it came together pretty easily.


Last, I got a chance to do some cleaning, arranging, and general organizing in the shop. By putting up this magnet strip, I combined a bunch of loose tools that had been taking up bench space. So now I gained back almost 3 feet of space. Psych!

No comments:

Post a Comment