Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Shop Organization: Cut-Off Bin


I spent a few hours over Christmas building this cutoff bin for the shop. It took one and a half sheets of 3/4" plywood. That's kind of pricey but it's built to last and holds a surprising amount of scraps.


In addition to the plywood that I bought, for the spacers I used some of the trim from the porch project of a couple years ago. Most of the joints are held together with pocket screws along with some glue. Here's a before and after shot:




 Some of you will look at this and think it's not much better, but trust me: It is! It's hard to tell from the photo, but I added pair of brackets on the back to hold larger pieces of sheet goods. That's a 4x4 piece of plywood on the back (along with a few other smaller sheets) so it really does organize an awful lot of wood.


No comments:

Post a Comment