Sunday, February 24, 2013

Some Fun Time in the Shop


Today was a nice, snowy, lazy Sunday so I decided to build a couple things in the shop that I've been wanting to do for a while. Nothing complicated mind you - just a couple things to relax with and maybe use a bit.

The first is a new monitor stand. At my new office, I've just got a book under my monitor so I built this stand with scrap lying around the shop. It's certainly nothing you'd call elaborate, but if it holds the monitor at a comfortable height, maybe I'll bring it back home and paint it. If I'm lucky, my daily notebook/journal will fit neatly underneath.
Update: Looks like it works!



The other item I built was a stand for my shop journal. You've seen the journal in other posts and it sure is handy to have. I'll be able to keep it open and flat with a couple large binder clips. That'll definitely be a handy addition to the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment