Sunday, March 15, 2009

Woodshed


This is a woodshed I built in the fall of 2008. It's all rough-cut, green hemlock from a local yard. It's about 6'x8' and should hold about 2 cords of wood if I pack it good and tight.
It's a very simple foundation: the corner posts just rest on a stone that sits on crushed stone. I used this project to learn how to cut rafters and build roof trusses. They came out pretty close to what I wanted. Next time, I'll just build a regular gable roof rather than try the shed roof. I didn't really get the shed roof proportions right so if I did another roof like this, I'd need to do some more studying on the correct measurements, etc.
The woodshed served us well this past winter. I already have a few cords of wood cut into rounds that needs to be split. Once it's split, I'll fill the shed up again.

1 comment: